Monday, March 1, 2010

This is a big fishie!




This airplane caught my eye when I first spied it at the airplane museum in Tucson. As we drew closer, looking at all the other planes on the way, I realized its nickname is The Guppy! It's a NASA aircraft, so I assume it was used to carry shuttle parts until the practice of piggybacking the shuttle on an aircraft came into use. Don't quote me on that, it's my guess. Anyway, it's a cute, but BIG airplane.

Since I'm a longtime member of the Guppy chapters of Sisters in Crime, I had to pose.





The Guppies were my lifeline when I moved out of Dallas and away from my other mystery writer friends and members of my Sisters in Crime chapters. The romance writers in Wichita Falls were a friendly bunch, but they weren't mystery writers. Since moving to Austin, I've found I'm among my own kind again, but I've formed such close bonds with online Guppy members, it would be hard to pry me away from that group!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe no one was tempted to paint this baby black and white like a killer whale!

    Thanks for sharing, Kaye.

    ~ Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it's a guppy, Krista! It's the cutest plane I ever saw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be The Guppy, but it looks like a whale. I'm sure, like all huge planes, when it lumbers down the runway all fingers are crossed that it actually takes off.
    Patg

    ReplyDelete