Monday, February 22, 2010

A Leg Up on My Journey


The only short story I had published last year has been nominated for an Agatha award! This is such a thrill! I feel like a Rock Star. For the rest of my life I can add, Agatha nominated author, after my name. So many sweet people are congratulating me, and Liz Zelvin, one of the other nominees, is trying to get links to all of the stories at a central place so Malice attendees can read them all.

The stories were turned in for possible nomination before the end of 2009 by everyone signed up at that time to attend the Malice Domestic mystery conference, April 30-May 2, 2010. We received ballots to nominate up to 5 works in 5 categories: Best Novel, Best First Novel, Best Nonfiction, Best Short Story, and Best Children/s/Young Adult Novel. These were for works published in 2009.

A panel of judges read all the submissions and voted on the top 5, and those are the ones nominated for 2010! At the conference, the attendees will vote to see which of the 25 receive the 5 actual Agathas, cute little teapot awards in keeping with the Malice theme of cozy mysteries.

This is a huge assist to my career and, I hope, a help on my path to publication of a mystery novel series!

Here's a link to my story, "Handbaskets, Drawers, and a Killer Cold," if you'd like to read it. If you're going to Malice, please do!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your nomination. That is a huge honor. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete