Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Out for the Count


Not for too long, I hope! Tuesday (yesterday), I had thumb surgery (if all went as planned—writing this a tad early). Turns out keyboarding is kind of a tough way to make a living. Should have dug ditches, I think. I’m having two joints repaired on my left thumb. If you get my newsletter, you already know about this, but if you don’t, here’s why I might be absent online for a bit. I’m having tightrope surgery on the lower joint (sounds kind of exciting, no?) and some other surgery on the upper one, the one at the base of my visible thumb. This will be my first ever experience with a tightrope, not having the best balance in the world.
 


Here are "befores" of my poor left thumb. I should start PT after 4 weeks of immobilized healing and it’s a 4-6 months total recovery period. THEN, I get the right one done. "After" pix will be the, I guess. I hope my hands look more normal after all of this.

So, in a year I should have very good thumbs! Wish my surgeon luck!



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that sounds like a long recovery period. I hope all goes well! Perhaps I should be grateful I can't really type...two fingered typists don't get carpel tunnel or anything, right?

    Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be true! Had med trouble but it's changed now, finally. It should be better now.

    ReplyDelete