Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Healthy Eating?

I recently noticed two different articles on somewhat the same subject, both from the same publication, and was struck by them in juxtaposition.

First, there’s this one showing how many people eat fruits and veggies, by state. My present state, Tennessee, looks pretty abysmal. Third for the bottom for vegetables and dead last for fruit! I hope your state does better.




Then there’s this article from last year on the state of the drought in one of our most productive places.  



So, I thought to myself (well, who else would I think to?), maybe Tennessee is ahead of the curve. Maybe we’re trying to preserve what vegetables there are so everyone can have some. Yeah, right.

So, to console myself, I think I’ll heed this article.






All photos from morguefile.com




4 comments:

  1. What a good idea. I think I'll follow suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The news on the chocolate front gets better and better, as we look forward to running out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like chocolate with plenty of sugar. But I don't think that's the kind making the good news.

    ReplyDelete