Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Blast from the Past in Cressa Carraway Land


My niece sent me this picture of the author (me) at Crescent Lake from a few years ago. My nephew is in the foreground and my daughter is walking away. I’m not sure what I’m holding! It could be a very small fish.

One time when a bunch of family was gathered there, the kids caught 15 sunfish. Small sunfish. They were so proud of them, that my mom and I scale, filleted, breaded, and fried all of them. I think each fish was about 2 bites worth. This is proof that my mom was as crazy as I am. But the kids loved it.


For a visit to Crescent Lake Club with more sinister overtones, pick up a copy of EINE KLEIN MURDER, either in print, digital, or audio form. Great place to visit!

6 comments:

Edith Maxwell said...

Love the history, Kaye, and I also loved the book!

Kaye George said...

Thanks for coming by, Edith. Glad you liked the post!

Claire said...

I gotta read this book, Kaye. I am *so* behind, but will catch up. Love the photo and it's nice to have a little personal touch that goes with the book. Great way to increase interest.

Kaye George said...

Thanks so much, Claire! It's print, digital, and audio (mp3) at Barking Rain Press. http://www.barkingrainpress.org/dd-product/eine-kleine-murder/

LD Masterson said...

So basically you caught fish mcnuggets. Works for me.

Kaye George said...

That's a good way to put it! The kids caught them, not me!