Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No Show

Move along, folks, there's nothing to see here.

I had a guest blogger lined up for today. You'll notice he's not here, in spite of my three emails, to which I got no reply.

So I'm winging it today. I found this incredibly witty piece on being stood up this week.


Since my release date is fast approaching--May 1st!--I do hope I have more people come out for my readings than poor Francine Massey did. But I know this happens to writers all the time, so I'm under no illusions that it won't happen to me. Maybe I'll feel that I've gone through a rite of passage and I'm now a Real Writer then.

I'm catching a plane tomorrow, so I'm posting today. I'll also hope I have a better flight than these poor people!

This week, Chicago (to see my niece's new baby), next week Malice Domestic!

Photo by Conrad Nutschan used under GNU Free Documentation License

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about your "no show." You are still super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary Ann. This gives me a chance to post the two links. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your release, Kaye--and to where ever you're flying. By the way, us Texans would never stand anyone up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang! Now that's rude, isn't it? Good luck with the readings. I'll be there in spirit, although my buns will be warming a chair in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there. If you write it, they will come.

    ReplyDelete